In today’s world of travel, couples are presented with so many options it can be quite overwhelming. So how do craft the perfect Fiji honeymoon itinerary? The key is customizing your trip to your ideal experience as a couple, and to mix it up! In a destination as exciting and untapped as Fiji, you’d be remiss if you didn’t try a bit of everything, from once in a lifetime cultural experiences to oceanic adventures to private, intimate moments set to the ambience of lit tiki torches.
Our below sample Fiji honeymoon itinerary perfectly blends island adventures, relaxation, cultural interaction, and intimate romantic moments.
Day 1: Arrival in Paradise
- Arrive at Savusavu airport and meet your private transport for a short 10 minute drive to Namale. Upon arrival you’ll be greeted by our staff with a cold tropical juice and warm Fijian welcome. You’ll be escorted to your private accommodations after check in, where you can settle into your new Fijian home.
- Venture out to Main Bure restaurant for a three-course breakfast, or order room service as you rest after your journey. Fuel up on fresh tropical juice, healthy poached eggs, and locally caught fish cooked to perfection.
- Spend the afternoon soaking up the warm Fijian sun by the pool, exploring the expansive tropical gardens and grounds, or bring a book or take a walk on our private beach.
- Join us for our nightly complimentary happy hour for your choice of cocktail and enjoy our varied cultural entertainment, from Polynesian dance shows and traditional kava drinking ceremonies to traditional meke performances.
- Indulge in a five-course dinner on one of the many open-air decks overlooking the sea at Main Bure restaurant, where you’ll enjoy globally-inspired farm to table cuisine and nightly rotating menus.
Day 2: Get Out On the Water
- After a light, fresh breakfast, start your morning off with a relaxing couples’ massage and visit to the spa hydrotherapy room at the Namale spa. Be treated to incredible ocean views from the hot tub or one of four aromatherapy pools to reset your mind and body.
- Take part in the daily activities schedule sent to your room nightly in the Coconut Telegraph. Enjoy a morning snorkeling tour, cruising out on the Namale Pearl to the best location for exploring Fiji’s incredible underwater world – known globally as the Soft Coral Capital of the World!
- Grab fresh fish tacos and a crisp salad for lunch on the deck at Walu Restaurant, looking out over the crashing waves and stunning coastline.
- Continue your day on the water with some afternoon watersports. Try a turn at water skiing, wakeboarding, or banana boating for an adrenaline rush in the sun.
- Make your way to Main Bure restaurant at your leisure for dinner. Grab an oceanview table and dine on New Zealand steak and freshly caught lobster set to soft candlelit ambience. Catch the nightly cultural show before retiring to your bure for a relaxing bath in your jacuzzi spa tub or some reading in your ultra-plush bed.
Day 3: The Best of the Islands
- After taking breakfast as you please, enjoy a guided horseback ride along the beach and through Namale’s lush tropical gardens and former coconut plantation. Stop along the way for some great photo opportunities at Namale’s towering front gates or in the coconut grove.
- Enjoy a private destination dining experience designed just for you. Let our concierge whisk you away to Namale’s private waterfall, where your intimate lunch for two awaits you, complete with chilled champagne, a delectable meal, and flower-petal strewn table. Take your time indulging in the food and rainforest scenery, then take a post-meal dip!
- After lunch, join a small group on an excursion to a sandbar in the middle of the Koro Sea! Take a short boat ride and find yourself castaway on soft white sand surrounded by crystal clear waters. Dive in for some amazing snorkeling, exploring the colorful coral reefs and perhaps sighting some marine life, like sea turtles or octopus! Cold beverages, snacks, and beach umbrellas greet you as you exit the water. Even learn to crack a coconut from our activities staff should you find yourself castaway in less luxury elsewhere.
- After an activity-filled day, you deserve some relaxation at the spa. Experience our popular Sunset Bliss treatment. Start off on the oceanview balcony with a coconut foot soak while you sip champagne and enjoy the view. Then relax in a private room for a 75 minute couples massage of your choice. Your massage ends just before sunset, just in time for a bottle of champagne and light hors d’oeuvres while you witness Fiji’s famous sunsets.
- To continue the night in private relaxation, let our team set up an in-bure dinner for you. If it suits, order a custom meal to your taste instead of the night’s menu.
Day 4: Fiji Up Close
- A champagne breakfast in bed greets you this morning. Take your coffee out on your private deck and soak in the ocean air and rising sun.
- Join today’s guided tour of a local village, where you can see traditional Fijian life first hand. Experience the Fijian custom of offering kava root to the village chief as a thank you for allowing entry to the village. Then explore the island homes and community spaces while meeting the smiling children and families and learning about everyday life there. You’ll find the notable Fijian hospitality and “bula spirit” is abundant here and everywhere on the islands.
- Return to Namale for a poolside lunch. Enjoy a bright salad crafted with produce from Namale’s organic farms paired with grilled sesame prawns and your cocktail of choice. Finish with a delectable cheese plate and house-made kiwi sorbet.
- This afternoon grab your choice of stand up paddle board (SUP) or sea kayak and get out on the water to explore the stunning coastlines.
- Tonight’s dinner features Indian-inspired dishes to celebrate Fiji’s Indo-Fijian culture, or indulge in fresh macadamia-crusted Walu or grilled lamb. For a bit of sweet, order the coconut crepes or pineapple house made sorbet.
Day 5: Discover Fiji’s Pearls
- After breakfast at Main Bure’s breezy main dining room or on your private deck overlooking the sea, venture out to a highlight of Vanua Levu – the J. Hunter Pearl Farm. Here you’ll take a tour to learn about the unique cultivation process of the world’s rarest South Pacific pearls, then get out on the water for a snorkeling tour of the underwater farm. Witness how the large pearl oysters grow on ropes suspended below the water. Afterward, visit the showroom to see handmade pearl jewelry (and take a very special souvenir home for yourself!).
- Return to Namale and enjoy lunch on the beach below the towering coconut palms.
- Spend the afternoon at your leisure, and end the day with a cultural show at Main Bure and an island-inspired cocktail or glass of wine.
Day 6: Explore Vanua Levu’s Natural Beauty
- After breakfast in bed, join our activities team for the exciting Salt River Drift. Don a bathing suit and lifejacket and jump into the island’s unique ocean-fed river, which changes direction with the tides. Float along the mangroves in this lazy river-style activity, while our staff follows along in the boat serving up cold beverages. End at the Salt Lake, a beautiful saltwater lake surrounded by lush, virgin rainforest.
- This afternoon indulge further at the spa, this time luxuriating in a 2 hour balancing body treatment. The YameYame Fire Balancing therapy treats you to a cooling aloe body mask, full body banana leaf wrap, foot reflexology, and wave-like massage. Or, try a Cagi Air Balancing treatment for an Abhyanga style massage and hot stone therapy followed by a warm mask of local honey and herbal steam treatment.
- Experience the most romantic and memorable private dinner at a truly unique and stunning location. Walk down to the beach, where your eyes will be feasted to a tucked-away natural sea cave outfitted with hundreds of twinkling candles. A flower-petal strewn walkway lit by lanterns lead you to your table, where a five-course meal and bottle of wine await you. Indulge in the candlelit ambience and sound of the crashing ocean waves, and stargaze on the beach after your meal.
Day 7: Chasing Waterfalls
- This morning’s private breakfast awaits you on Veidomoni Deck, a split-level deck tucked away into the volcanic sea cliffs. Dine at your table on the upper deck and look out over the tidepools and the ocean blowhole periodically spouting off in a brilliant display. After you’ve finished, move to the lower deck, where a romantic heart-shaped hot tub offers a relaxing post-meal dip with an incredible view.
- Today’s adventure takes you off-resort to explore two of the island’s incredible natural waterfalls. This half-day tour starts with private air-conditioned transport to a trailhead at the edge of the rainforest. Venture into the tropical canopy for a beautiful hike as the sound of rushing water nears, and round a corner to feast your eyes on the stunning falls. Take a break to take in the view, swim in the cool freshwater pools, and enjoy a beverage before venturing to the next trailhead. Winding through gardenia gardens and palms, follow a freshwater creek to Vuadomo Waterfall, of equally stunning yet different stature.
- After a refreshing lunch while looking out over the ocean, join us at sunset for a cocktail cruise on the Namale Pearl. Take in stunning views of Savusavu Bay and the island coastlines while enjoying the ocean breeze. Let the live acoustic music soothe you as you sip champagne and enjoy gourmet hors d’oeuvres. Experience the stunning pastel hues of the sky from the water on this memorable and romantic cruise.
Day 8: A Fijian Farewell
- As you depart, leave us a special message that will become part of the fabric of Namale. Decorate or sign a wet concrete stepping stone, which will be placed among the gardens and walkways of Namale, forever memorializing your trip to our slice of paradise.
What would you add or change to personalize your Fiji honeymoon itinerary? Let us know in the comments!
Learn more about our all inclusive honeymoon packages.